"Over the past year the Green Bag has been responsible for supplying over 200 000 bags to our 450 offices throughout Australia on a regular basis. When researching potential companies to use I found Green Bag's products to be one of the highest quality on the market and the bags were compe...
Emily Hill, Marketing Executive, Raine & Horne Pty Limited
- Where are Green Bags produced?
- What are Green Bags made of?
- What are the dimensions of your standard bag styles?
- Do your materials have any recycled content?
- Will Green Bag Co. produce a bag made from recycled materials?
- How much weight do Green Bags hold?
- How much will fit in the Green Bag®?
- How many bags will I need?
- Can I customize our own bag?
- Can I customize the dimensions of your bags?
- What other features can I customize?
- What does the custom order process usually involve?
- What type of artwork files do you accept?
- What is the minimum order level for a custom bag?
- What is the turnaround time for a custom product, from order placement to receiving my ordered products?
- What if I need the product faster?
- How do I order Green Bag® Label products with the Green Bag® logo?
- Bag Pricing
- How are Shipping and Handling calculated?
- Do you offer any discounts?
About the Green Bag®
Where are Green Bags produced?
In our own facilities overseas, in China. We are part owners of our facilities. We do not outsource orders to other suppliers, thus always ensuring consistently high quality product, exceptional employment conditions and environmental standards. Please refer to our supply partnerships section of the website for more information, photos and a soon-to-come video of our facilities
What are Green Bags made of?
Our most popular material is Non-woven polypropylene (NWPP). We are also developing new materials. To find out more about the materials we use, please visit our About the Green Bag page in the Products section of our website.
Our Thermal Bags are made from the following components:
• Shell: 100% non-woven polypropylene (NWPP)
• Lining: 100% polyethylene vinyl acetate (PEVA)
• Fill: 100% expanded polyethylene (EPE)
• Base: 100% polyethylene (PE)
What are the dimensions for your standard bag styles?
• Standard Shopping Bag: 13 in (H) x 12.5 in (W) x 8.5 in (D)
• Zip-Up Bag: Open: 16 in (H) x 15.5 in (W) Closed: 4 in (H) x 7.5 in (W),
• Compact Bag: Open: 16 in (H) x 15.5 in (W) Closed: 4 in (H) x 7.5 in (W)
• 1 Bottle Wine Tote: 11 in (H) x 4 in (W) x 4 in (D)
• 2 Bottle Wine Tote: 11 in (H) x 7 in (W) x 4 in (D)
• 4 Bottle Wine Tote: 11 in (H) x 7 in (W) x 6.5 in (D)
• 6 Bottle Wine Tote: 11 in (H) x 10 in (W) x 6.5 in (D)
• Thermal Bag: 13 in (H) x 12.5 in (W) x 8.5 in (D)
• Fold-Up Standard Bag: 17 in (H) x 15 in (W) x 8.5 in (D)
• Hold-All Bag: 18 in (H) x 18 in (W) x 6 in (D)
Please visit our Products section for photos.
Do your materials have any recycled content?
Our most popular material, NWPP, is virgin material, with the bases in our popular Standard Bags made from 95% recycled material. We recycle all of our NWPP fabric scraps, which accounts for about 15% of all new bag material produced.
As a pioneer in the field, we are constantly researching the viability of new materials, virgin and recycled, for our products. Currently the means do not exist to produce high-quality NWPP with recycled content. However, we are testing new materials made from recycled content. Please read on for more information.
Will Green Bag Co. produce a bag made from recycled materials?
We are currently in the process of creating a new material made from recycled PET plastic bottles. We will be bringing products to market in this material starting Summer / Fall 2009.
How much weight can the bag hold?
Our Standard and Thermal bags can hold up to 40 pounds. Our Zip-up and Compact Bags can hold up to 20 pounds. Our wine totes are guaranteed to hold the weight of standard-sized wine bottles.
How much will fit in the Green Bag®?
• The Standard and Thermal Bag will carry the total of 4 to 5 typical plastic bag loads.
• The Zip-Up and Compact Bag will carry the total of 2 to 3 typical plastic bag loads.
• The Wine Totes are made to carry 6 bottles, 4 bottles, 2 bottles or 1 bottle.
How many bags will I need?
One family (of 4 members) will require about 8 Green Bags. We suggest individuals keep the Zip-Up or Compact Bags in their handbags or backpacks for their day-to-day convenience shopping. The combination of the Standard Bag, Compact and Zip-Up Bags means there is no excuse to be using plastic bags!
Re-use, re-use, re-use! At the Green Bag Co. we want you to re-use your bags as many times as possible so we recommend the following care.
Can I wash my bag? How?
To achieve the longest lasting life, we recommend simply wiping with a damp / soapy cloth or sponge, then letting the bags air dry. NWPP, the primary material we use, will not stain or absorb moisture or odors, so Green Bags are very easy to maintain. We do not recommend machine washing as it will put extra wear and tear on the bag material. Please do not put your Green Bag® in the dryer! Green Bags can’t withstand high heat.
Are Green Bags recyclable?
Yes, our bags are 100% recyclable. The material is a #5 plastic, a medium grade plastic which can be reformed into many products that would normally be made out of wood such as chairs, benches, wood-like planking and decking and signs, all with a much longer lasting life than their wood counterparts. Green Bag Co. works directly with the manufacturers of these products.
If so, how do I recycle my bag?
Currently, residential drop off for Green Bags is very limited. Most recycling facilities still do not accept single bags because the product is so new. However you can send your Green Bags to the Green Bag Co. and we will bundle them for recycling. Please send them to our office nearest you, which can be found on our locations page.
Can we customize our own bag?
Absolutely! The bag provides a conduit to brand exposure making your end users a walking billboard for your brand. We can provide the end product customized to your company’s needs and ensure your brand is complimented with a high-quality finish.
The Green Bag Co. is also working on adding its own line of consumer focused products. Stay tuned for more details to follow soon.
What colors can I choose when I’m designing my custom bag?
We can customize both the bag material and the artwork in any PMS color you require. We will dye the material and the print colors to match your corporate branding. There are material order minimums and as long as those are attained we will match your needs and surpass your expectations. We have a standard palette of material colors which can be found here.
Can you customize the dimensions of your bags?
Yes! We are more than happy to design the bag around your customer’s expected uses. The bag can be amended in a number of shapes and sizes which can be determined through direct assistance with our design advisory service.
What other features can I customize?
• Printing (spot PMS colors, full-color imprints, printing on the gussets (side panels) and inside the bag
• Material color and weight (thickness). We can dye material to match your selected Pantone Matching System (PMS) color. We have a standard palette of material colors which can be found here. We can also produce bags using multiple material colors (for example, straps of a different color than the bag, or side gussets of a different color than the front and back)
• Straps sewn on outside versus inside
• Straps length, width, and position on bag
• Stability base
• Filling (insulation, padding, etc.)
• Special features (fabric hook for easy displaying zippers, hook and look closures, buttons, buttonholes, filling, lining, in general whatever you can think of (link to pic)
• Hang tags
• Packaging including our popular POS counter dispenser
View our product catalog to see some of the latest bags we have produced. Please note that to order customized bags, quantity minimums do apply. For questions about custom bags or to obtain a quote, please visit our how to order page.
What does the custom order process usually involve?
1. Client provides Green Bag Co. a signed quotation and 30% to begin order process
2. Client provides Green Bag Co. with the artwork files for the bag design
3. The Green Bag Co. will provide an electronic sample
4. Client provides approval of electronic sample
5. The Green Bag Co. will produce a physical sample (this is usually done on receipt of a purchase order and 30% deposit)
6. Client receives the sample, we will adjust accordingly and if approved, we will produce your custom Green Bag® product
7. Production of bags will commence
8. Client bags are packed and shipped
9. You will receive products and wonder how you ever did without Green Bag® product in the past!
What type of artwork files do you accept?
We prefer Adobe Illustrator files (with fonts converted to outlines), EPS files or PDF files in Vector format. This allows us to edit your file if needed (e.g. to change the color and size if requested) without contacting you for another file. We also accept high-resolution (rasterized) photoshop and JPG files. If sending rasterized files, they must be at least 300 DPI at the full size and be easily removable from the background in order to not incur additional artwork set-up fees.
What is the minimum order level for a custom bag?
We encourage a 10,000 minimum order level for customized bags. We do work with affiliates who can supply our bags in quantities less than 10,000. Please visit our How to Order section for more details.
What is the turnaround time for a custom product, from order placement to receiving my ordered products?
This is usually a 12 to 14 week lead time, from sign-off of physical sample to receiving your purchased product. Please note that extra time may be required to dye the material to a custom PMS color.
What if I need the product faster?
We do have rush options available. Through our local affiliates we can provide turnaround times as short as a few weeks and can also arrange air freight deliveries. Please email our sales team for more information.
How do I order Green Bag® Label products with the Green Bag® logo?
Green Bag ® label bags can be ordered in any quantity. Please visit our how to order section for details.
Pricing is dependent on a number of factors, including:
• Green Bag® label versus private-labeled / custom bag
• Style of bag, custom features
• Volume required
• Print requirements
• Delivery arrangements
To receive a quote for your custom bag project, please Request a Quote in the how to order section of the website. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop us an email at salesUS@greenbag.info.
How are Shipping and Handling calculated?
If you are ordering a custom, private-label product, shipping and handling are typically included for one delivery to one location in the continental U.S.
If you are ordering a Green Bag Label product, shipping and handling are not included and are calculated at the time of order placement. We typically ship via UPS Ground on orders up to 2,000 pieces. We can ship via any UPS service, 1-day, 2-day, etc. At quantities above 2,000, we would typically ship on a pallet for more optimized freight costs. Our Customer Service Representatives will discuss these options with one of at the time of order placement.
Do you offer any discounts?
Yes, we offer discounts for fundraising, a non-profit discount (when documentation is provided to us), discounts for re-sellers and middle agents including ASI distributors, and customer loyalty discounts.
About The Green Bag Co.
On March 4, 2002, a plastic bag levy (a 15 cent tax on plastic bags) was introduced in Ireland at the point of sale in shops, supermarkets, service stations and all sales outlets in an effort to curb litter. The Green Bag Co.’s founders, being Irish, saw an opportunity to create an alternative and the Green Bag® was born. Today Ireland has cut its plastic bag use by 90%, and the legislation and resulting reusable bag solution has grown into a worldwide movement to reduce the number of single-use plastic (and paper) bags being produced and discarded. The Green Bag Co. operates in Europe, Australia, the USA, Japan and China. Please visit about us to find out more.