"Over the past year the Green Bag has been responsible for supplying over 200 000 bags to our 450 offices throughout Australia on a regular basis. When researching potential companies to use I found Green Bag's products to be one of the highest quality on the market and the bags were compe...
Emily Hill, Marketing Executive, Raine & Horne Pty Limited
- Where are Green Bags produced?
- What are Green Bags made of?
- What are the dimensions of your standard bag styles?
- Do your materials have any recycled content?
- Will Green Bag Co. produce a bag made from recycled materials?
- How much weight do Green Bags hold?
- How much will fit in the Green Bag®?
- How many bags will I need?
- Can I customise the bag?
- What colours can I choose when I’m designing my custom bag?
- Can I customise the dimensions of the bag?
- What other features can I customise?
- What does the custom order process usually involve?
- What type of artwork files do you accept?
- What is the minimum order level for a custom bag?
- What is the turnaround time for a custom product, from order placement to receiving my ordered products?
- What if I need the product faster?
- Bag Pricing
About the Green Bag®
Where are Green Bags produced?
In our own facilities overseas, in China. We are part owners of our facilities. We do not outsource orders to other suppliers, thus always ensuring consistently high quality product, and exceptional employment conditions and environmental standards. Please refer to our supply partnerships section of the website for more information, photos and a soon-to-come video of our facilities.
What are Green Bags made of?
Our most popular material is Non-woven polypropylene (NWPP). We are also developing new materials. To find out more about the materials we use, please visit our About the Green Bag page in the Products section of our website.
Our Thermal Bags are made from the following components:
- Shell: 100% non-woven polypropylene (NWPP)
- Lining: 100% polyethylene vinyl acetate (PEVA)
- Fill: 100% expanded polyethylene (EPE)
- Base: 100% polyethylene (PE)
- Standard Shopping Bag: 340mm (H) 320mm (W) x 220mm (D)
- Compact Bag: Open: 425mm (H) x 355mm (W) Closed:100mm (H) x 190mm (W)
- 1 Bottle Wine Tote: 280mm (H) x 100mm (W) x 100mm (D)
- 2 Bottle Wine Tote: 280mm (H) x 180mm (W) x 100mm (D)
- 3 Bottle Wine Tote: 280mm (H) x 250mm (W) x 85mm (D)
- 4 Bottle Wine Tote: 280mm (H) x 180mm (W) x 165mm (D)
- 6 Bottle Wine Tote: 280mm (H) x 255mm (W) x 165mm (D)
- Cooler Bag: 340mm (H) x 320mm (W) x 220mm (D)
- Snap Fold-up Bag: 439mm (H) x 381mm (W) x 216mm (D)
- Hold-All Bag: 460mm (H) x 460mm (W) x 152mm (D)
Please visit our Products section for photos.
Do your materials have any recycled content?
Our most popular material, NWPP, is virgin material, with the bases in our popular Standard Bags made from 95% recycled material. We recycle all of our NWPP fabric scraps, which accounts for about 15% of all new bag material produced.
As a pioneer in the field, we are constantly researching the viability of new materials, virgin and recycled, for our products. Currently the means do not exist to produce high-quality NWPP with recycled content. However, we do offer other materials made from recycled content. Please read on for more information.
Will Green Bag Co. produce a bag made from recycled materials?
We are excited to report that after much research and development, we have introduced an 85% recycled PET bag into our range. This material is made from used PET bottles as well other PET waste.
How much weight do Green Bags hold?
Our Standard and Cooler bags can hold up to 18 kgs. Our Compact Bags can hold up to 9 kgs. Our wine totes are guaranteed to hold the weight of standard-sized wine bottles.
- The Standard and Cooler Bag will carry the total of 4 to 5 typical plastic bag loads.
- The Compact Bag will carry the total of 2 to 3 typical plastic bag loads.
- The Wine Totes are made to carry 6 bottles, 4 bottles, 2 bottles or 1 bottle.
How many bags will I need?
One family (of 4 members) will require about 8 Green Bags. We suggest individuals keep the Compact Bags in their handbags or backpacks for their day-to-day convenience shopping. The combination of the Standard Bag and Compact Bags means there is no excuse to be using plastic bags!
Re-use, re-use, re-use! At the Green Bag Co. we want you to re-use your bags as many times as possible so we recommend the following care.
Can I wash my bag? How?
Like any product used to hold food, it is important to keep your Green Bags clean. To achieve the longest lasting life, we recommend simply wiping with a damp / soapy cloth or sponge, then letting the bags air dry. NWPP, the primary material we use, will not stain or absorb moisture or odours, so Green Bags are very easy to maintain. We do not recommend frequent machine washing as it will put extra wear and tear on the bag material, although occasional machine washing is fine. Please do not put your Green Bag® in the dryer! Green Bags can’t withstand high heat.
Are Green Bags recyclable?
Yes, our bags are 100% recyclable, and we believe it is our responsibility to help close the loop by educating Australians on how to recycle NWPP bags. . The material is a #5 plastic, a medium grade plastic which can be reformed into many products that would normally be made out of wood such as chairs, benches, wood-like planking and decking and signs, all with a much longer lasting life than their wood counterparts. Green Bag Co. works directly with the manufacturers of these products.
Our recycling program, RED by Green Bag, is an exciting new initiative designed to raise awareness about responsible disposal of Green Bags and benefit communities by offering range of primary school playground furniture made from recycled NWPP bags.
To recycle your Green Bag or find out more about the program, please visit our web site www.redbygreenbag.info.
Can I customise the bag?
Absolutely! Help promote your brand and show that you are an environmentally friendly business. We can provide a high quality, custom branded product that meets your company's needs.
The Green Bag Co. is also working on adding its own line of consumer focused products. Stay tuned for more details to follow soon.
What colours can I choose when I’m designing my custom bag?
We can customise both the bag material and the artwork in any PMS colour you require. We will dye the material and the print colours to match your corporate branding. There are material order minimums and as long as those are attained we will match your needs and surpass your expectations. We also have a standard palette of material colours to choose from which can be found here.
Can I customise the dimensions of the bag?
Yes! We are more than happy to design the bag around your customer’s expected uses. The bag can be amended in a number of shapes and sizes which can be determined through direct assistance with our design advisory service.
- Printing (spot PMS colours, full-colour imprints, printing on the gussets (side panels) and inside the bag
- Material colour and weight (thickness). We can dye material to match your selected Pantone Matching System (PMS) colour. We have a standard palette of material colours which can be found here. We can also produce bags using multiple material colours (for example, straps of a different colour than the bag, or side gussets of a different colour than the front and back)
- Straps sewn on outside versus inside
- Straps length, width, and position on bag
- Stability base
- Filling (insulation, padding, etc.)
- Special features (fabric hook for easy displaying zippers, hook and look closures, buttons, buttonholes, filling, lining, in general whatever you can think of (link to pic)
- Swing tags
- Packaging including our popular POS counter dispenser
View our product catalog to see some of the latest bags we have produced. Please note that to order customised bags, quantity minimums do apply. For questions about custom bags or to obtain a quote, please visit our how to order page.
- Client provides Green Bag Co. a signed quotation and 30% to begin order process
- Client provides Green Bag Co. with the artwork files for the bag design
- The Green Bag Co. will provide an electronic image sample
- Client provides approval of electronic image sample
- Production of bags will commence
- Client bags are packed and shipped
- You will receive products and wonder how you ever did without Green Bag® product in the past!
What type of artwork files do you accept?
We prefer Adobe Illustrator files (with fonts converted to outlines), EPS files or PDF files in Vector format. This allows us to edit your file if needed (e.g. to change the colour and size if requested) without contacting you for another file. We also accept high-resolution (raster) photoshop and JPG files. If sending raster files, they must be at least 300 DPI at the full size and be easily removable from the background in order to not incur additional artwork set-up fees.
What is the minimum order level for a custom bag?
For orders from 50 to 5,000 pieces, we stock a large a quantity of our best selling styles and colours in our Melbourne warehouse. We can offer custom single and multi colour printing for orders of 300 or more. For made to order bags not available from stock, our minimum order is 5,000 pieces. Please visit our How to Order section for more details.
What is the turnaround time for a custom product, from order placement to receiving my ordered products?
For locally printed orders (300 to 5,000 pieces), our turnaround time is about 3 weeks, delivered to your door. The turnaround time for bags made to order (5,000+ pieces) is about 8 to 10 weeks delivered to your door. Please note that extra time may be required to dye the material to a custom PMS color.
What if I need the product faster?
Many clients require product in a short amount of time. Green Bag can offer single or multi coloured custom printed bags in as little as 2 to 3 weeks delivered. Please contact our Customer Service Team at 1300 786 019 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need bags in a short amount of time.
- Style of bag, custom features
- Volume required
- Print requirements
- Delivery arrangements
To receive a quote for your custom bag project, please Request a Quote in the how to order section of the website. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop us an email at email@example.com or ring 1300 786 019.
About The Green Bag Co.
On March 4, 2002, a plastic bag levy (a 15 cent tax on plastic bags) was introduced in Ireland at the point of sale in shops, supermarkets, service stations and all sales outlets in an effort to curb litter. The Green Bag Co.’s founders saw an opportunity to create an alternative and the Green Bag® was born. Today Ireland has cut its plastic bag use by 90%, and the legislation and resulting reusable bag solution has grown into a worldwide movement to reduce the number of single-use plastic (and paper) bags being produced and discarded. The Green Bag Co. operates in Europe, Australia, the USA, Japan and China. Please visit about us to find out more.